Check out what’s gonna be up for bid at our Spring 2018 Fundraiser:
LIVE AUCTION ITEMS
- This Is Us! Need some bragging rights at work or with your friends? Well here it is! Enjoy a curated date night with the nicest guy, the warmest TV-husband, and the coolest dude on NBC’s hit drama “This is Us,” Chris Sullivan, along with Third Rail’s own top-notch talent and tonight’s emcee, Isaac Lamb. Your evening on the town will include a meal and good times!
- Cocktail Party! Did someone say PARTY? Oh yes, gather up your favorite peeps (12 total max) for a cocktail party at the famous MAC club – as in Mary Anne Cassin, Third Rail board member and cocktail maven. Mary Anne will work with you to create a signature cocktail, crafted just to your tastes. Weather permitting, the party will be hosted in Mary Anne and Ken’s beautiful SW Portland garden and will feature yummy taste treats and spectacular views. Do it just because, or for a special occasion. Mary Anne will work with you to find a date that works for you and your guests, and you won’t have any clean-up either!!
- Create Your Own Heirloom Jewels! Have fun with 5 friends while you create your own beaded jewelry to keep for yourself or give away as gifts. The class will be taught by a talented and experienced teacher, and includes all needed supplies, examples you can look at for inspiration, wine and cheese! What a fun way to spend an afternoon with your BFFs. The class will happen at a studio in Multnomah Village, so no need to even clean your house. You will each walk away with a necklace, bracelet and earrings!
- One Fine Evening! Treat yourself and someone you would like to impress with an evening on the town, courtesy of Third Rail Theatre! Pick any show in the 2018/19 season and you’ll be provided with two great seats. Start your evening at Besaw’s, a Portland institution with great food and walking distance from CoHo Theatre. After the show, walk across the street to savor wine and cheese while you talk over the nuances of the play at Muse Wine Bar. The basket includes tickets to the play, a $100 certificate to Besaw’s, and a $25 certificate for Muse Wine Bar.
- Whiskey / Whiskey / Whiskey! For the whiskey lover in the room… get a taste of these special bottles of fine whiskey. The selection includes the best of Irish, American and Scotch versions of “the water of life.” Perhaps a perfect Father’s Day gift or a surprise for the whiskey connoisseur in your life. The basket includes one bottle each of Kilbeggan, Tin Cup and Laphraoig, along with special whiskey glasses and a set of chilling stones.
- Third Rail Season and VIP Dinner! Across time. Across distance. Across barriers. Third Rail’s 2018-2019 Season explores profound connection in three vivid love stories. Experience Third Rail’s brand of excellence in storytelling. Sweetening this deal is a dinner with Managing Artistic Director Maureen Porter at Portland’s renowned Nostrana. Get an insider’s view on the season to come and then enjoy each of the plays with a flexible subscription that suits your needs. Great for the newcomer or theatre buff, Third Rail season tickets provide a grand opportunity for seeing some of the best live theatre in Portland. Two tickets will be available for each of the plays of the season, all to be performed at CoHo Theatre in NW Portland
- Warm It Up! Before there was Pendleton, there was the Hudson Bay Company. The original design for this iconic green solid wool blanket dates back to the 18th Green was preferred by the Kwakiuti and Nookka First Nationals of the Pacific North West. This wonderful blanket will warm your heart as well as any room you put it in.
- PADDLE RAISE!
SILENT AUCTION ITEMS
- Green Thumb Available! You’re a garden lover you say? Take advantage of the know-how, special tips and creative juices of this highly trained and certified Master Gardener. Sheila Martin will meet you at your home to help you in whatever way you need. She’s ready to plan, plant, prune or just weed for three hours. Get your own hands dirty or leave the work to her! She’s friendly, helpful and will leave you feeling like you can get to the garden of your dreams.
- Own a Beautiful Piece of History! JoAnn Gilles is a local artist who has been painting and exhibiting professionally in Portland since 1983 with representation locally by Mark Woolley, Heidi McBride &The Attic Gallery. She has also shown in other US venues. “Looking East” was part of a series of four paintings depicting the beauty of Oregon, created for Oregon State University’s Art About Agriculture Invitational Exhibition in 2015. The school purchased one of the four to add to their permanent collection. They own two other Gilles works. The painting is 24” x 24”, mixed media on canvas in a custom-built frame.
- More Beer Please! If tonight’s beer whets your whistle, you’ll want more of it! And that’s exactly what you’ll get in this fabulous swag basket provided courtesy of Lagunitas Brewery. The basket includes one case of Lagunitas beer, two pint glasses, one tee shirt, one pair of sunglasses, a bottle opener and a koozie. Get on your Lagunitas!
- Blooming Roses All Year Long!Whether you put this gorgeous hand-crafted quilt on your bed, across your sofa, or hang it on the wall, you will create a new centerpiece for any room. Quilted by hand by Bernadette McCullen-Carrick from the Third Rail Power Grid, this 4’ x 5’ quilt is made entirely from soft cotton. Can you even imagine how many hours she put into this labor of love??
- Explore Your Hidden Artist! Accomplished artist and teacher, Michele Currie, will lead a still life painting class for up 8 people. Each participant will walk away with a small canvas of their own creation. It will be hosted at an art studio in NE Portland and all materials are included. Enjoy wine and cheese and toast to creativity. Low stress and maximum fun! Class is approximately 3 hours long and scheduled on a mutually agreeable date, either days or evenings.
- Wildfang! Just in time for Revolt! Get your badass woman on! This package includes three Wild Feminist T-shirts, 2 accessories, and a $50 gift card.