Dear Friend of Third Rail,
In order to maintain the well-being of our patrons and community, we have joined with fellow artistic organizations in making the difficult decision to postpone our upcoming programming through June 2020.
National Theatre Live screenings on March 15, April 19, and May 10:
If you have tickets to Fleabag, Small Island, Present Laughter, or Cyrano de Bergerac your tickets will be honored for a future National Theatre Live broadcast—and we will bring back these titles. We are extending free exchanges to all ticket holders, and extending the expiration on Punch Cards into next season.
Main Stage productions:
Incognito by Nick Payne, March 20 – April 11
Mother, Come Home based on the graphic novel by Paul Hornschemeier, April 25
Mary Jane by Amy Herzog, June 5 – 27
If you are currently a ticket-holder to Incognito, Mother, Come Home, or Mary Jane, we are finalizing details regarding future stagings. Rest assured staff and Core Company Members are hard at work determining the best action we can take around bringing you these productions.
We know this is a challenging financial time for everyone. If you are uncertain about rescheduling with us, please consider gifting your ticket as a donation back to Third Rail in lieu of an exchange.
We would also like to assure each of you that we are constantly monitoring the existing circumstances around the Coronavirus/COVID-19 situation, and continue to take precautionary measures to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our staff, company, and patrons.
We continue to remember the words spoken by the Director General of the World Health Organization at the March 9 media briefing:
“We are not at the mercy of this virus…Let hope be the antidote to fear. Let solidarity be the antidote to blame. Let our shared humanity be the antidote to our shared threat.”
Third Rail has made a commitment to ourselves, our community, and our patrons, to keeping healthy and keeping on. We wish you good health and hope to see you at the theatre very soon.
Managing Artistic Director Maureen Porter and all of us at Third Rail
Here are some of the things we are doing to help ensure the health and safety of our community when programming resumes:
- Third Rail Staff will be implementing additional cleaning procedures at all venues. This will include disinfecting door handles, seat armrests, and other heavily used surfaces before and after performances as well as before and after intermissions where applicable.
- Hand sanitizer, tissues, and garbage receptacles will be made readily available.
- We will place signage at our venues reminding people of the best prevention etiquette.
- We are waiving all exchange fees for the coming months so if you aren’t feeling well, please stay home and take good care. We’ll get you seated at another performance or in later programming.
- Third Rail Staff and Company will continue to follow all safety protocols recommended by the CDC.
- For Main Stage productions, we are working to move to electronic programs instead of reusing and recycling paper programs that are shared by many people.
- We will continue to actively monitor and evaluate the situation based on recommendations from the World Health Organization, CDC, Oregon Health Authority, and the Multnomah County Health Department, implementing best-practices accordingly.
Every resident should take these basic steps to protect those most at risk:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze.
- Stay home if you feel ill.