April 8 – 15, 2018
Third Rail’s “Loose In London Tour” is one of our most popular programs and we’re happy to announce dates for this, our 6th annual trip! Historically this tour fills up very quickly so we encourage you to sign up soon. As always, to make the trip as intimate and personal as possible, space will be limited to a maximum of 20 participants.
What makes the Third Rail: Loose In London Tour so popular? We create an experience that balances great food, amazing conversation, and provocative theatre, while also providing plenty of time to explore London on your own. We will again be staying at Seven Dials, right in the beating heart of London and the West End and within walking distance of the best food and entertainment the city has to offer. You will experience a mix of new plays, major revivals, and performances that make you sweaty and nervous (in all the best ways) at theatres producing the most interesting work in London.
We’ll finalize the details of the itinerary in February (much of the programming for April will not be announced until the beginning of the New Year), but here’s a sample of what we’ve attended on past trips to whet your appetite:
- World Premieres by David Hare, Alan Bennett, Jennifer Haley, Nick Payne, Alice Birch, Howard Brenton, and Peter Morgan;
- Major revivals by Christopher Hampton, Simon Stephens, Patrick Marber, Bertolt Brecht, Kevin Elyot, and Peter Barnes;
- Stellar performances by Helen Mirren, David Tennant, James McAvoy, Brendan Cowell, Rory Kinnear, Elizabeth McGovern, Ben Miles, and Denise Gough.
No matter the plays, you can rest assured we’ll thoughtfully curate a wide variety of experiences that will give you plenty to enjoy and talk about for years to come.
In case you need a little extra convincing, here are some comments from previous participants of Loose In London:
- “Loved every minute. Would do it again in a heartbeat!”
- “Doing London theatre on your own is a pleasant event. Doing it with Third Rail is a magical, mystical, fantastical experience.”
- “I can definitely see why folks sign up to do the trip again and again!”
- “A wonderful variety of compelling and entertaining performances; up close and personal luncheons with playwrights and directors; great camaraderie, food, drink and laughter — all perfectly choreographed by the best tour guides ever. Maureen and Scott are so knowledgeable, organized, attentive and just beyond fun to be with.”
- “I feel like we’ve been adopted into the Third Rail family. What a warm, nurturing family it is! It is clear that they want us to love theater as much as they do.”
Remember: space is limited to the first 20 patrons; so don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity to join Company Members Scott Yarbrough and Maureen Porter for a one-of-a-kind theatre tour.
The trip includes:
- Hotel Accommodations. (7)-Seven nights standard accommodations at the four-star, luxury Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, located at the Seven Dials roundabout.
- Meals. (7)-Seven breakfasts, (4)-Four Post Theatre Receptions, (3)-Three dinners, including one welcome reception and dinner. Note: Hosted meals are subject to change as needed to accommodate theatre programming.
- Private Events. (5)-Five theatre roundtable discussions, led by Scott Yarbrough and Maureen Porter.
- Theatre Tickets. (6)-Six performances per the final day-by-day itinerary.
- Transportation. Refillable London Oyster Card (Valid for 6 days in Zones 1 & 2 with unlimited access).
- Taxes and Fees. All taxes and gratuities included per the final day-by-day itinerary.
- $4,200 per person, double occupancy.
- $1,500 Single Supplement.
- Pricing is based on a minimum of 18 patrons, with a maximum of 20 patrons.
- Pricing is based on a minimum of 18 patrons, with a maximum of 20 patrons. Rates are based on an exchange rate of 1.32 GBP.