If you’re having trouble connecting, we’re here to help! Please email us at email@example.com or leave us a voicemail at (503) 235-1101. We listen to voicemails Monday-Friday between Noon-4pm, and before performances on weekends.
Instructions for using Zoom:
1. Prior to your event, you’ll be sent the performance Zoom link in an email.
2. At the scheduled meeting time, click the link in the email to join the Zoom meeting.
3. You’ll see a pop-up question asking:
-Would you like to join using Video? You can choose to enter with video or without video.
-You will be “muted upon entry.” Once you enter the Zoom meeting, you’ll be able to unmute yourself as needed by clicking on the microphone icon in the bottom left corner of your screen. The meeting host will also be able to mute you as needed.
4. You will first enter a “waiting room.” Think of this as Zoom’s lobby, a waiting area before entering into the Zoom “theatre.” The host will see that you’ve entered the waiting room, and once we’re ready to “open the house,” you will be brought into the “theatre.”
Thanks in advance for your patience!
5. Once you have been let into the Zoom meeting, you’ll be able to see those who have also joined.
6. Choose to view the meeting in “Gallery Mode” in order to see all participants on the call. This option is at the top right corner of the screen:
Once the reading/showing/presentation begins:
1. You’ll need to mute your microphone. *This does not stop your audio experience of the Zoom call, it only stops you from being heard.* To do this go to the lower left corner of your screen and tap the mute button. Once you’re muted, the microphone icon will have a red slash through it:
2. You’ll also need to stop your video. *This does not stop your viewing experience of the Zoom call, it only stops you from being seen.* To do this go to the lower left corner of your screen and tap the “Stop Video” button:
3. If you have any trouble finding these buttons, the host can mute and/or stop your video for you.
4. To arrange your screen so that you only see the video boxes of the actors, you can choose to “hide all non-video participants.” This ensures that you only see the video of the actors and not the empty name boxes of the other viewers. You can do this in a few ways.
Go to one of the participant’s video boxes that has no video, but just their name in it. Click the ellipses icon (…) at the top right corner of their box and choose “hide all non-video participants.” Then the non-video participants will disappear leaving only the actors’ videos visible.
Go down to the bottom left corner of your screen to your video icon and click the “up arrow” icon:
Click “Video Settings”:
Under the “Video Settings” tab check the box that reads “hide non-video participants”:
6. If you have any questions or problems, you can use the chat box at the bottom of the screen to ask a staff person for help or email the Box Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Once the reading has ended, the host will return to the screen and let you know that you may start your videos again. To do this, click the “Start Video” button at the bottom left corner of the screen. The host may also start your video for you. If they do, you’ll receive a pop-up on your screen asking if you’d like to start your video. You may choose to start your video or stay on the call without video.
8. Enjoy the show!
Virtual Programming FAQs
Q: When will I receive the link to view the reading/performance/showing?
A: It varies for each event, but for most events you’ll receive a reminder email 1 day prior to your event date with the link, and again 1 hour prior to showtime.
Q: I’m not sure what I’m supposed to be seeing on the screen. Is it supposed to be dark?
A: We will let you know how you need to set up the screen for the best viewing possible. For some events your screen view will be manipulated, but we will let you know what you need to see. The screen may go dark, but we will let you know ahead of time if you’ll be viewing the shared screen that we manipulate.
Q: What do I do if my screen freezes?
A: If it freezes on your end and all video boxes are frozen, please send an email to the Box Office about your issue. You may be able to exit the Zoom meeting and re-enter once your internet connection is more stable. If the host/performer speaking freezes, we will pause the event and try to continue once their connection is more stable.
Q: Can the audio be louder?
A: First, please check your computer audio levels, to make sure your volume is all the way up. If your volume is all the way and you’re still having trouble, send us an email or message in the chat.